Monday, March 09, 2009

Stress Management


What would u do in times of stress? When I am feeling some sort of stressed-out, I will buy more random stuff which ranges from stationaries, some IT gadget to food. However, if I am really too stress and ultimately getting ill from meeting up certain major dead lines such as exams, I will be freaking in a "bo-chap" mood. Such emotions will always arise in every semestral exams and the consequence of such actions ranges from no make-up (not even with foundation) to school to can't be bothered to go to canteen to have lunch.


I must say that some of the random stuff that I always buy is really redundant. 'cos although I know that my current pencil case is too small to put more stationaries and the fact that I have too much stationaries at home that could fit into my teeny-weeny pencil case, I still end up buying more pens and pilot highlighter refills from the co-op. It seems that I always feel that I will always need more pens for exams and that I got this feeling that the new pens that I am going to buy would enables me to write much better and faster during the exams.


Also, very recently I just bought a new SD card and card reader for my camera. Although I know that I'm not really in need of such gadgets, but I still buy it. Such examples include my impulse in buying a 2GB thumbdrive. I must admit such impulse will only be acted out if these IT stuff are in promotion la... when a 2GB SD card cost only $9.90 and a 2GB thumbdrive only cost about around 12 bucks at most. I am not too sure if these are good deals, 'cos in my opinion they're rather cheap already. And this mindset probably sets me buying such random stuff when I feel I need to really buy something.


But all these are not so sinful as compared to me dropping by the supermarket near my house to but tidbits. I must admit during the holidays when I spent most of the time working, I would drop by the supermarket after working to buy tidbits. Although working in part-time admin position is not as stress as studying, I still find it physically draining at the end of the day. Hence, thats when I started the habit of buying tidbits. Obviously, such unhealthy habits did have an undesirable effect on my weight. The longer I work (meaning as a promoter or admin assistant), the more weight I gained. So i figure out that the money that I have earned correlates to the weight that I have gained. 'cos beside the stuff that I buy, I would spent most of my remaining salary in eating out with frens and also tidbits! Gosh!


But I must comment myself that from starting of this sem, I have not buy tidbits for quite a long time. So, I am now in a ''quit a tidbit" program initiated by myself. Hopefully, I can lose some pounds from it. Subsequently, I am going to launch a "quit soft drinks" program. Wish me luck!


Oh yes, I am going to buy one more red and blue pen in co-op later 'cos tmr is my bahasa test.

No comments: