Monday, June 22, 2009

Nodame Cantabile (交响情人梦)

This is my first japanese drama in the holidays and I must say that this is really a freaking awesome drama! Adapted from the japanese manga, the drama retain the hilarious note of the manga. Certain stupid scenes that are normally only portray in manga is also acted all out in the drama.


For myself, I started the drama first before I carry on to watch the anime. I've gotten to know about this drama few years ago while I was reading I-weekly then. Initially, I am quite skeptical as the reporter had introduce this show as a must-watch japanese drama at that time. Hence, this show is always at the back of my mind as I am always trying to find some time to watch this show. Well, this holiday is the best time for me to catch up on all my dramas since I'm not working at CSC due to my commitment to my honours project.


After one episode of the drama, I carried on to another, and another. The female lead, Nodame being a'lil special and unique in her way is one hilarious character that can bring out the laughter in you. I'm really amazed on how the female lead Juri Ueno bring out the character so well just like the anime. The male lead, Tamaki Hiroshi (玉木 宏), acted out as the talented but arrogant piano student Chiaki Shinichi who eventually learns to appreciate Nodame's unusal qualities. Since "Waterboys" the movie, I have noticed Tamaki Hiroshi cos he is quite cute in his acting in "Waterboys". And he is also darn cute ofcourse. lol


Well, if you all have time, just go and watch this show on tudou. Althought the main plot of the show is mainly talking about classical music, have an open mind while watching the show and I bet you will love classical music too!


This is the rough synopsis of the show:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nodame_Cantabile


p.s. After the show aired on 2006, a 2 episode special edition (sp) was also aired on 2008 which is a continuation of the drama which tells us more about the life of the two main leads in Paris furthering their studies. I'm also looking forward for the two-part movie sequels to the drama which have been announced of their release in end 2009 and spring 2010. Yeah!! =^^=

No comments: